GREAT BRITAIN IS THE BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL CENTRE OF THE WORLD
Great Britain is the ideal place for financial and professional services industry innovation, business and investment. Its financial market is one of the biggest and most liquid in the world.
As a historical centre for trade, business and finance, Great Britain is home to the world’s leading investment houses, financial institutions and services firms.
Great Britain enjoys a highly respected reputation across the globe as the leader in the financial and professional services sector.
The financial and professional services sector in a nutshell:
- Great Britain is ranked by investors as the number one destination for financial and professional services industry FDI in Europe.
- According to EY survey 2016, 43% of investors think banking, insurance, wealth and asset management will drive UK growth in the coming years.
- FDI in financial and professional services sector is the highest since 2006.
- Great Britain is the world’s leading exporter of financial and professional services with a trade surplus of £71 billion, twice the amount recorded in USA and Luxembourg.
- Great Britain was responsible for 41 per cent of global foreign exchange trading in 2013, miles ahead of USA, Japan and Singapore.
- London remains the global capital for finance ahead of New York, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Over 250 banks are operating in London.
- Great Britain is a European leader in Islamic finance, with $19 billion of reported assets.
- The industry contributed £174 billion to the British economy in 2012 and over £71 billion in taxes.
- Over 2 million people work in the financial and professional services industry.
- Great Britain is continuously ranked as the best country for business environment, infrastructure, reputation and lowest corporate tax among G20 countries.
- Great Britain is home to some of the world’s best universities, producing and providing a stable supply of talent.
Great Britain offers a mature and supportive environment for financial and professional services sector. The government has financial and professional services sector friendly policies, strong intellectual property laws, low corporate tax, grants schemes and an immigration policy to attract the best and brightest from across the globe.
Great Britain has limitless opportunities for trade, investment and business in the financial and professional services sector
READY TO MAKE THE MOVE?
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Tel: (+44) 0208 133 0416