GREAT BRITAIN IS SET TO BECOME EUROPE’S LEADING LUXURY SHOPPING MARKET IN 2018
From the designer occupied streets of Mayfair and Knightsbridge in west London to the bohemian and creative hipster occupied streets of Shoreditch in the east, and the mega malls of Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Glasgow, Great Britain offers a natural home for retail industry innovation, entrepreneurship and investment.
Great Britain is home to some of the world’s oldest, most famous and creative retail outlets such as Liberty, Harrods, Fortnum & Mason, Selfridges, Burberry and Topshop.
Great Britain’s historical heritage, creative leadership in art and fashion, and pioneering work in technological innovation, makes it an ideal retail market in the world.
The retail industry in a nutshell:
- London is the shopping capital of the world, with retail sales of food and non-food per year to be the biggest in the world at more than £91 billion.
- London also has the largest online sales at £9.9 billion
- Great Britain has the best distribution channels in the world for the retail sector.
- There are over 290, 000 retail outlets in Great Britain.
- Britain’s 228,000 e-retailers export more than the rest of Europe’s e-retailers put together.
- British consumers have the highest online spend per head in the world at $3,500 per year.
- London is the number one city for retail investment according to JLL.
- Retail industry adds over £358 billion to the British economy and over £17 billion in taxes.
- Over 2.8 million people work in the retail industry.
- Great Britain is continuously ranked as the best country for business environment, infrastructure and lowest corporate tax among G20 countries.
- Great Britain is home to some of the world’s best universities, producing and providing a stable supply of talent.
Great Britain offers a mature and supportive environment for the retail industry. The government has retail sector friendly policies, strong property laws, low corporate tax, grants schemes and an immigration policy to attract the best and brightest from across the globe.
Great Britain has limitless opportunities for trade, investment and business in the retail sector
READY TO MAKE THE MOVE?
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Tel: (+44) 0208 133 0416