GREAT BRITAIN’S TOURISM INDUSTRY IS PREDICTED TO REACH £257 BILLION BY 2025
In 2016, a record breaking 37.3 million people visited Great Britain and 19.9 million visited London, making it the number one destination for tourism in Europe.
The tourism and hospitality industry is a key driver of economic growth, employment and overseas export for Great Britain.
Great Britain’s historical heritage, unique landscape, attractions, diverse cultures, creative leadership in art, design and fashion, and world class transport system along with great accommodation and food, makes it an ideal market for tourism and hospitality industry in the world.
The tourism and hospitality sector in a nutshell:
- London is the most visited city in Europe, with 19.9 million visitors a year.
- The tourism and hospitality industry is one of the fastest growing industries in Great Britain.
- The industry employs 4.49 million people and over 180,000 businesses operate within it.
- Visitors to Great Britain spent a record £22 billion in 2016.
- International visitors spending is predicted to grow by 6%.
- Great Britain is continuously ranked as the best country for business environment, infrastructure and lowest corporate tax among G20 countries.
- Great Britain is home to some of the world’s best universities, producing and providing a stable supply of talent.
Great Britain offers a mature and supportive environment for the tourism and hospitality industry. The government has tourism and hospitality industry friendly policies, strong property laws, low corporate tax, grants schemes and an immigration policy to attract the best and brightest from across the globe.
Great Britain has limitless opportunities for trade, investment and business in the tourism and hospitality industry
READY TO MAKE THE MOVE?
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Tel: (+44) 0208 133 0416